LOS ANGELES, California - In the deployment of homegrown terrorism and its planned "solution," brought to us by the Military-Industrial Complex as the ultimate covert war on the citizens of the country that promotes more covert wars than any other, the next "incident" is currently taking place in the beach town of Santa Monica, on the west side of the City of Lost Angels and Hollywood. Against the Stream Santa Monica may have to cancel the sold out Tara Brach appearance. The Landmark may cancel the DIRTY WARS premiere in LA. While the mainstream media supports war and disinformation-in-support-of war, who will explain it better than RENSE.com, FreeSpeechRadioNews (FSRN.org), DemocracyNow.org, ConstantineReport.com, Camelot, InfoWars.com, and C2C? Meanwhile, art continues in the city's central park:
- Jews in the Los Angeles mosaic (Autry Museum) "Arguably the most ambitious attempt to encapsulate [L.A.'s] vibrant history" (Jewish Journal). Explore how a growing Jewish community settled, prospered, and helped shape the economy, politics, and culture of a city -- and how the diversity and dynamism of Los Angeles have transformed the local Jewish community for the past 160 years.
- What makes a Jewish movie?
- Community Gardening (FREE, Saturdays)
- ART: Lorraine Schneider (Primer, 1966, etching) originally created this piece for an art competition that limited the work to a four-inch square. It became the logo of the organization "Another Mother for Peace" and the most famous anti-war poster of the War on Vietnam era. Schneider grew up in Boyle Heights, the daughter of Jewish immigrants (on loan courtesy of Carol Schneider and Family, photo by Susan Einstein).
- Leaked document shows broad US government surveillance of online communication in PRISM program
- Week 1 of Bradley Manning trial: supervisor ordered Manning to analyze field reports, Adrian Lamo describes online exchange
- Families of Palestinian prisoners push for visitation rights, better treatment in Israel